I’ve recently had my chef hat tightly screwed on in the kitchen working on my **NEW MENU**. Just as much as ever, I’ve been focussing on the highest quality ingredients, whilst maintaining Hungry Donkey’s organic and sustainable ethos.
When the weather has been this good, what better than summery Greek food to match these Mediterranean climes? Just to pre-warn you, I’m not held responsible for any drooling that might occur if you continue reading…. SO, without further ado, here are my favourites:
Beef Feta burger
- From my Smashing Plates options, this is the highlight from the new menu. Oozing with Greek slaw, tomato and caramelised onions, this has been flying out.
Lentil & Sardine salad
- On that Summer health kick? I feel you! This perfectly light and fresh salad mixes marinated sardines, apricot, red pepper, tomatoes and capers. Add crumbled feta if you’re feeling cheeky 😉
- If there is anything that represents Greece most, it’s got to be these organic vine leaves! Stuffed with rice and herbs, these bad boys are also vegan!
I do love a cocktail and know you’re big fans too. The UK heatwave sparked inspiration for 2 new cocktails for the new menu using the best Greek spirits you know and love:
- Mastiha Fizz
- Fresh lemons, Tetteris Mastiha, Basil and Soda
- Greek Negroni
- Old Sport Gin, Vermouth Bianco and Prico Aperitivo
Feeling tempted yet?! Head to my new menu to check out the whole range.
‘til next time,
The Hungry Donkey