Founded in 2015, Hungry Donkey has been intent on serving fresh and healthy home-cooked Greek food and drink and delivering exceptional Greek hospitality and service.
We are seeking a Team Leader to join our team. It is a great opportunity to join a small, tightly-knit and high performing team. You will expand and develop your skills and experience all the while expressing your passion for exceptional customer service, fresh & healthy Greek food and unique Greek wines, beers and spirits.
As a Team Leader you will work closely with the Managers of Hungry Donkey, managing all aspects of the Front of House operations of our restaurant. We expect you to help implement our values and passion in your interaction with our customers and fellow team members. You will help us build an even better Hungry Donkey and continue providing top-notch hospitality.
The position requires flexibility and a wide range of skills across hospitality and operations. As the restaurant industry slowly opens up again you will help us rebuild our front of house team and lead from the front.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Great yummy Greek food as standard.
- Generous staff discounts on all our products.
- Hands-on well-rounded training and responsibility so that you are able to progress to an assistant General Manager role in time.
- Full Pension
- TRONC participation – all TRONC is 100% shared equitably among all members of our team.
What you are all about:
- You are committed and passionate of being of service, believe in giving and creating value. You have:
- Integrity: you always do the right thing – it’s the way you roll.
- Excellence: you are committed to giving your best self 100% and then some.
- Greek Hospitality – Filoxenia: Doing everything possible for others- and truly going the extra mile- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side. We treat our guests in the same way we treat our own family paying us a visit.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit– Seeing and creating opportunities.
- 2-3 Years FOH Full Service experience with fresh food and unique wine lists.
- Passion for fresh and healthy food, nutrition and sustainability.
- Well-rounded knowledge of bar operations – coffee making, wine knowledge and interest!
- Thinking fast on your feet and not letting stress cloud your judgement.
- You are coming to work with intent and because you love what you do.
- Identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals – be Entrepreneurial!
- You have good organisational skills and prioritise real well.
- You are punctual, discipline and have a great sense of duty.
- Great communication skills (verbal/oral/listening) – our culture is one of openness and we love hearing everybody out – no question is too trivial.
- Proficient with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Lightspeed POS/Credit Card terminals etc…)
- Great understanding of hygiene, health and safety practices.
- Love building genuine relationships with people.
Hungry Donkey is located just south of Spitalfields market in Aldgate East.
Apply by sending us a short cover letter of what why you love Greek food & hospitality and your CV to email@example.com!